Monday, April 16, 2007

Sunday, October 7th, 2007



I have made the commitment (meaning I spent the $110).
I definitely felt the anxiety set in the second I clicked "register".
But oh well, too late now.

Over the next half-year I am going to drastically change a lot of what I do. On Sunday, October 7th, 2007 I will be one of the thousands running the Chicago Marathon.

I have a lot of work to get ready, but I am going to this. I am going to have to push myself harder then I have had to in a very, very long time, but this is something I really want, and I am going to complete the Chicago Marathon.

So, as a motivation mechanism, I am going to try to keep a journal of sorts about where I am in training. I figure I will need all the support I can get, plus this will give me a little more to be accountable to, as anyone who reads this can bust my ass if I am slipping. Additionally, I will be raising some funds for charity, and I will put that request out here as well.

Once I have some specific goals, I will post.

Here goes nothing. See you at the starting line...
Peace out.

No comments: