Thursday, June 28, 2007

You Say Too Late To Start...

It's been a while, but mainly because I haven't had much to say and been busy. I went to see an orthopedic doctor the other week for some lower back tightness, and he told me to lower my mileage for a little bit (yes, that's mostly an excuse).


I have been busy, but also haven't made time to to run. I am in the middle of relocating (literally) and been traveling a little too. Either way, I have been running. I ran in downtown Indy on Tuesday and that was actually pretty cool. My pace has been fairly fast (between 7:40 and 8:20 per mile) but my mileage is down. I am at ten this week and REALLY need to get up to 20. I think I tweaked my calf or somethin' because it is super tight and hurts.


My biggest problem is that when ever I run, I am only thinking about finishing, so I am having a hard time chilling, slowing my pace and ripping out ten. I am thinking about switching to a treadmill for a couple runs for the hell of it and as a change. Speaking of change, any good running music suggestions? Love to hear what you got.


Thanks a ton to cK, Kartik, Jaclyn and Drake for donating to the Children's Memorial Hospital. Still taking donations
here. It's really easy and would mean a lot to me.

So the bottom line here is that I need to get my mileage up. It's going to a cool month. I will be in DC for a week for work and in Indiana for a week at the end of July. I definitely be running around the capital and will post on that. Should be a great change.

See you all soon.



No comments: