Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Running Free

This is it. The week of. T-Minus 3 days and 15 hours...

All the energy, time, pain, commitment, socks, shoes, pain, miles, pain and pain lead up to this Sunday at 8 AM. I feel good...there are a couple of butterflies developing, and I suspect their existence will sustain for the weekend.

Looking forward, everything is hard to recognize, but looking back, I see the piles of everything I have put into this. This is not going to be painless, but I know that.

I have some great achievements to be proud of already. I have ran further then I have ever ran on 4 different occasions. I weigh less then I have weighed since my sophomore year of college. I am eating better then ever. I set myself a goal and I am on the verge of completing it.

Thanks goes to everyone for anything that you have done. Your mind is a tricky thing, and sometimes it just needs to hear some words of encouragement to get through a couple of miles. Also, thanks to anyone who donated to the Children's Memorial Hospital (see link in below blog).

I might or might not write one more time. Probably a panicky one on Saturday. My goal for the weekend is to be peaceful and stress free. And eat a lot.

Let me know if you are going to be watching the marathon so I can look for you.

Much love and respect to anyone who sets their mind on something and reaches it.

No comments: