Thursday, September 20, 2007

"Underneath this smiles lies everything. All my hopes and anger, pride and shame."

You know the feeling of hearing the clicking on the way up a roller coaster? The anxiety that slowly builds, either excitement or fear? Knowing that you are to go down, but it just seems like its taking forever? Your stomach naturally preparing itself for the drop to follow? Click...click...click...click...click...knowing the rapid decline will follow...

That's how I have been feeling for the past months. I have felt like there is nothing I can do about October 7. I can't create more time between now and then and I can't substitute what I didn't do in the past with anything I can do in the present or future.




This is neither good nor bad, but it has taught me a valuable lesson. That there is no better time to accomplish or work towards accomplishment then now.

Back on Earth...training is going well. I have one more long run this weekend (18 miles!!!) and then I taper down and restore the aches and pains to a more natural feeling.

It's pretty amazing in hindsight. I ran 15 miles two weeks ago and felt great. It's easy to downplay 15 miles in comparison to 26(.2), but it made me feel good. Two years ago, I was straight up frightened to run a measly 8K (5 miles). I was so worked up and thought I was gonna die. Now I feel like getting all suited up and only running 5 is a waste of my time. This isn't a bragging point, but more of a statement that I worked towards something and have seen real, tangible results. It's encouraging. It would have been real easy, and natural, to get freaked out about 26 miles in May and paralyze myself with what I couldn't do, but when I broke it down, I am almost ready, and I am excited.

However, I cannot wait to be done.

By the way, all the titles of the blog entries are lines from songs.



No comments: